Let your ideas fly
Ecommerce development & support
Shop Startup gives your business wings
5 Best SEO Tips Critical for Small Business Success [Makers United Presentation Oct 27th 2022] Get tickets
Shop startup for entrepreneurs and small business
Fully featured ecommerce websites
Lean startup approach
Whatever your niche, we’ve got you covered
Need to improve your online shop?
Enhance your business with professional analysis, development and marketing. Access more potential customers and boost your sales.
Want to start a new ecommerce business?
Got an idea for an fantastic new online shop? Trouble getting started? Get some real world advice and get online!
Just want an awesome web presence?
We’ll build you an eye catching, fully search engine friendly website and show you how to use it to full effect, let’s get started.
Fill your marketing toolbox
Turn up the traffic
Brand strategy gives you an edge on competitors. Enables consistency across your media and makes you stand out.
Search Engine Optimisation
Increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website with techniques like keywords to improve your organic search results.
Search Engine Marketing
Make yourself more visible on search engine results pages by employing a paid advertising strategy to attract the right customers.
Social Media Marketing
Use social media and social networks to promote your business. Engage with existing customers and reach new ones.
Breed customer loyalty, share your vision and promote products and services by offering valuable information and exclusive discounts.
Create and share valuable, relevant and consistent blog posts, videos and more to stimulate interest in your business.
Online merchants start here
Ecommerce Startups Checklist
This list contains links for business in the UK but the items on it relate to any ecommerce business startup and are things that should be given adequate attention before you begin trading.
- Business plan and cash flow forecast – do you need a loan?
- Register a limited company, public limited company, partnership or sole trader.
- Get insurance – Public liability insurance, employers’ liability insurance, product liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, business interruption insurance, business property coverage are some that are available.
- Business bank account or current account, but a separate account. Some good free ones below:
- Find an accountant, book keeper and/or accounting software.
- Register or trademark your business name.
- What’s your business model? B2B, B2C, D2C….
- Branding – logo, colour scheme, mission statement.
- Market research – competitor analysis, SWOT analysis.
- Research the law around selling your product and if you need any licences.
- Choose a value delivery method – Direct to consumer, wholesale, dropship, white label, subscription.
- Shipping couriers – who will ship your product, how much will it cost?
- Packaging – How will you protect your product? Who will supply your packaging?
- Gather website assets – imagery, graphics, product photos.
- Work on your content – copywriting, product descriptions, product details.
- Customer relationship management – software self hosted or online?
- Choose your selling platform – Marketplaces, Software as a service, Open source frameworks.
We partner with web designers
and creative agencies
Coding from designs, drawings or rough sketches
We’ll make it look good on all screen sizes
I Gerardi Arauz
“Great experience with Shop Start-up. Very flexible and quick understanding of our needs!”
Professional, friendly & knowledgeable
“I am communicating with Shop Startup and I am only seeing professional, honest and accurate advice. “
I needed some updates to my website
“Shop Startup was perfect for my needs. Very friendly and helpful. Ideal for my growing Art business.”